Maryanne and Dennis Mistretta, always celebrating!
“Even if I knew for certain that I would never have anything published again, and would never make another cent from it, I would still keep on writing.” - Brenda Ueland
I agree so much with Brenda Ueland! All my adult life as a journalist, I loved writing so much it didn’t matter that I worked at low paying companies – what mattered was, I was getting paid to write.
Now that my first book, “On the Guest List: Adventures of a Music Journalist” is published, whether I sell many or few books, it certainly won’t stop me from writing more!
But according to my publisher, I sold more books on the first day my book was released than the average author sells in a year. I am very happy about that and definitely celebrating.
I keep my personal copy of “On the Guest List” by my bed, so when I wake up in the morning, it’s the first thing I see and I can say, “Yay, I’m an author!”
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
Feel free to contact me in regard to using any of my clients or to use my services (writing, copy editing, researching, typing, personal assistance and promoting, and business consulting – or anything else, just ask!) at MaryAnneChristiano@Gmail.com.
Rates are reasonable, and the first hour phone consultation is free to potential new clients. Every client that uses Pear Tree services will be featured in the newsletter (unless for whatever reason they don’t want to be in the newsletter, as privacy is respected).
“On the Guest List”
Design by Darlene Foster.
WRITING and EDITING
“On the Guest List” by Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta
“On the Guest List” is now available on Amazon! To get your copy, go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/162903908X
I’m so happy for all the support I’ve been getting for “On the Guest List” – including some very special people in the music industry.
First, I’d like to thank, TC Tolliver (drummer for Peaches & Herb, Angel and Plasmatics) for mentioning “On the Guest List” on the Heavy Metal Mayhem Radio Show on Sunday, Feb. 16! You can check out that particular episode here:
I will be interviewed to speak on:
- Monday, March 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM -- “On the Guest List” on
Blog Radio Show “Bringing Inspiration to Earth”
- Monday, March 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM -- Blog Radio Show “Teknesha Day Show”
- Friday, March 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM -- Blog Radio Show “Chris Kennedy and You”
I was thrilled to attend the MLK Youth Awards ceremony at the Brownstone in Paterson for the second time and report on the event. Read the article here: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Four_Paterson_teens_get_community_service_awards.html
Maryanne and friend, James at Alaris Health
“Newsies: How the Newspaper Industry Began”
I had a wonderful time lectures at the Bridgewater JCC in Bridgewater, NJ, late January and at Franklin Lakes Public Library, in February.
Both facilities have invited me back to lecture again and I am excited about that!
I will be presenting “Newsies” again on Thursday, March 6, 10:30 a.m. at Country Meadows, 420 Krocks Rd., Bldg. 2, Allentown, PA.
“History of Valentine’s Day”
During the month of February, my lecture “History of Valentine’s Day” was presented at Care One, Paramus; Independence Manor, Flemington; Bryan Manor, Gladstone; Bayside Manor, Keansburg; and Homestead Rehab, Newton.
I had such a great time at all the facilities and look forward to returning!
“Black History Month”
February, I presented my lecture on “Black History Month” at Alaris, Paterson.
As always, I had a fabulous time with Ashlee, staff and residents. I look forward – very much – to going back again!
“Luck of the Irish”
Tuesday, March 4, I look forward to returning to Runnel’s in Berkeley Heights to present “Luck of the Irish”
This lecture will also be presented on:
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 at Fellowship Village
- Friday, March 14, 2014 at Atria Cranford
- Saturday March 15, 2014 2:00 P.M. (which is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) at Mountainside Library
- Monday, March 17, 2014 at St. Francis, Denville
- Monday, March 17, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. (also OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) at Warren County Library, Belvidere
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at Brandywine, Englishtown
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 at Brandywine, Pennington
- Friday, March 21, 2014 at Care One, Paramus
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at Brandywine in Haverford, PA and Voorhees, NJ
Here is the complete list of all the current available lectures.
- "Here's to Your Health and the Benefits of Walking" (Seniors)
- “On the Guest List: Adventures of a Music Journalist”
- "History of Santa Claus"
- "History of the Newspaper Industry"
- "History of Valentine's Day"
- “Black History Month”
- "Luck of the Irish: Discovering Ireland's History”
- “Origin of April Fool’s Day”
- “History and Origin of Mother’s Day”
- “History of Father’s Day”
- “Trends from the 1970s”
- “Remembering Our Pets”
- “Going Going Gone: What the Next Generation Won't Remember”
- “Friends, Ties That Bind”
- "Wisdom of Age"
- "Famous People from New Jersey"
- "A Tribute to Comedian Andy Kaufman"
- "Law of Attraction: Focusing on Positive Thoughts"
- "Italian American Food Family and Community"
- "Across the Border: Arts and Music of Mexico"
- "Grecian Gods and Goddesses"
- "Polynesian Culture: Adventures of the Pacific"
- "This is Halloween"
- “Explore the History of Thanksgiving”
- "Holidays around the World"
What makes my lectures unique is that I get the residents to participate, sharing their views and experiences. They always have a great time!
If there's an additional topic your residents may be interested in, I can do research free of charge.
I book the following musicians into libraries, assisted living facilities and hospitals. Perhaps you may want one of these clients to perform at your facility? Rates are reasonable. Give me a call: 908-276-1514.
BARBARA EVANS HASSENFELD
PETER LIEBERMAN - A.K.A. King of Keys
GERARD & DIANE BARROS
I’ve been promoting author Wendy Dolber author of “The Guru Next Door” (http://thegurunextdoor.com) getting her on Internet radio shows. It’s always such a pleasure to work directly with Wendy!
Pear Tree Enterprises has buttons! If you are interested in supporting Pear Tree by proudly wearing a button, please via email at MaryAnneChristiano@Gmail.com. Please put "Button" as the subject head.
WHAT IS “PEAR TREE ENTERPRISES”
Often I’m asked, “What exactly is Pear Tree Enterprises?”
Well, to find out, you can go to “The Vault” and check out my first newsletter which explains in full how I started my business.
In short, Pear Tree Enterprises is a business I started back in August 2008. I registered the name in February 2009 to make what I do more than just “freelance” work. The work I do is mainly book editing, writing, copyediting and proofreading. But I also manage entertainers! Being a creative person who loves all areas of the arts, that is not so far-fetched. I give each client the individual attention they deserve by using time blocks. To see how satisfied Pear Tree clients are, please read the testimonial section.
In addition to all of the above I’ve also dabbled in personal assistance and modeling and always welcome more work.
I hope this answers your questions and I look forward to doing business with you!